TTSeries Season 8: registration open August 31st, 2023; expected start September 2023.
TTQueen 8: started July 24th.
BEFORE REGISTERING READ THIS PAGE!
Register on Discord #tt-series-registration channel. Remember to read rules and requirements on this page. After you are accepted, you will get a new role and see tournament specific new channels.
Main tournament games are sponsored by Shogi Harbour.
Tourney To Queen teaching games are sponsored by Japan Shogi Association’s Joryu Kishi Kai (trans. Ladies Professionals Assembly).
Video tutorial on discord and tournament flow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_9cTsY35S0
Changes compared to previous seasons:
- additions to TTQ from season 8:
- system changed to even games from handicap games
- if there isn’t enough players, double round robin is used (each player is played against twice)
- top 2 players play 2-3 additional games for the title (called title matches)
- has additional prize of trophy for the Queen
- TTQ participants who finish all rounds get digital participation certificates and 300 D-Miles on 81dojo
- additions to TTSeries from season 8:
- organizer changed discord name
- slightly changed tournament requirements 1st point
- deleted BYE-senpai
- specified 300 Dmiles as prize for finishing 9 games
- specified tie breaker for TTK and TTQ
Introduction & Rules
Tourney To Series are tournaments organized by Shogi Harbour (Karolina Fortin, Ladies Shogi Professional).
Each tournament is for players of different skill sets from beginners to advanced players.
Each tournament consists of 9 rounds, played at pace of one game per week. That means one season of tournament takes around 2-3 months to complete.
All arrangements are done through Shogi Harbour’s Discord server, so it is necessary to have registered and email-confirmed account on Discord, and to accept discord rules.
In case of any additional questions contact server owner, Shogi Harbour (Discord tag: _bushman or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Skill level of each tournament is:
- TTJ or Tourney To Jouzu (transl. skillful) – players below 5 kyu
- TTS or Tourney To Shodan (transl. 1 dan) – players from 5 kyu to below 1 dan
- TTM or Tourney To Masters – players from 1 dan to below 4 dan
- TTK or Tourney To King – players from 4 dan and above
- TTQ or Tourney To Queen – only female players (a handicap tournament for all ratings)
Top (not current) 81dojo rating counts, excluding temporary rating set up with account creation. Other websites/real ratings can be considered – discuss details with organizer.
In case of any questions or problems feel free contact the organizer.
- The winners of TTJ, TTS, TTM and TTK tournaments will have a chance to play a handicap game against a shogi professional, sponsored by Shogi Harbour.
- TOP3 players of TTQueen will have a change to play a handicap game against ladies shogi professional players, sponsored by Ladies Professional “Assembly”.
- TOP3 players of each tournament will receive a digital certificate with possibility of physical version (players need to pay for the shipment).
- The winner of TTKing will receive a trophy and title of King on the server, until the next season.
- The winner of TTQueen will receive a trophy and title of Queen on the server, until the next season.
- The winners of TTJ, TTS and TTK will receive TTSeries Winner role on the server, until the next season.
- Players who will play all 9 rounds in TTJ/TTS/TTM will be rewarded 300 81Dojo points, called D-Miles.
- The Tourney To Series tournaments are made to popularize shogi abroad Japan. Therefore for tournaments we require non-Japanese citizenship. We allow Japanese citizenship, but only if they reside outside Japan.
- For tournaments above TTJ you must have a registered 81dojo account at least 3 months old that has non-provisional rating. Exceptions can be made if you have a history of offline play or old account on another website.
- If you have alternative accounts, input your highest rating. If have better rating on other website than 81dojo, discuss with organizer in private message about which tourney to join.
- Data given at registration (nicknames, country, preferred days etc.) will be publicly visible in TTSeries timezones google sheet.
- TTQ is a tournament reserved to female players. We notice there is disproportion in number of female players as to male players, so this tournament was made to encourage more female players to play shogi. In case of doubt the organizer reserves the right to confirm the gender of the participant (e.g. confirmed by recognized player, organization or by showing an ID)
- In case of not meeting all of the requirements, the organized reserves the right to exclude the player out of the tournament and/or deny the rewards.
Tournament and games:
- Tournament system for TTJ/TTS/TTM is Swiss system, 9 rounds. Winner is decided by Number of Wins and in case of draw, SOSW-1, then SOSOSW, followed by DC. (http://shogi.pl/tables-explanation/)
- TTK and TTQ system depends on number of players participating, ideally being played with the same system. If else: round robin or double round robin system is used. Tie breaker: SODOSW then DC, then playing additional game.
- TTJ/TTS/TTM games are 15 min + 60 seconds byoyomi RATED played on 81dojo.
- TTK games are 30 min + 60 seconds byoyomi NON-RATED; top two players will play additional 3-games title match to decide the title.
- TTQ games are 15 min + 60 seconds byoyomi NON-RATED; top two players will play additional 3-games title match to decide the title with 30 min + 60 seconds byoyomi NON-RATED setting.
- We strongly recommend to do post-game discussion: after you finish the game, have a chat with your opponent about mistakes made in the game.
- Remember to check for any updates or discuss any issues on the official discord server. Especially if there is big red circle next to the channel – it means you have been pinged personally or as a member of tournament. Check discord often!
- Each round game is required to be played within 7 days from pairing list being updated. We expect you to schedule the game on discord within first 2-3 days. We recommend to schedule game on discord match-arrangements, so we can see your contact attempts in case of dispute, but Direct Messages are acceptable. If a problem arises, contact the organizer and/or ask for an extension. Do not wait for the last moment, because you might lose a point for not being able to schedule before deadline.
- Game schedule is to be published on channel #scheduled-games by one of the players.
- Game result with game record URL is to be published on channel #results-and-urls by the winner. After game is finished there is a link in 81dojo lobby. Alternatively, you can access your past games through “my page” on 81dojo.
Draws / Other issues :
- Sennichite (repetition draw) is to be replayed with swapped colors. If both players entered byoyomi, game is to be replayed in 60 seconds byoyomi, unrated. Both games need to be posted on discord.
- 15 minutes no show up to scheduled game is considered a default loss
- Repeated extensions / no game scheduled / no show ups will result in 2 warnings followed by forced withdraw from the tournament
- In case of ex aequo in TOP3 position, the players will be required to play playoffs.
- You can withdraw from the tournament at any point you like – just notify us! At the same time we recommend playing all the games, because more than result we want to concentrate on the aspect of regular play in competitive environment that helps you improve your shogi. And you will get D-Miles for finishing all games.
Illegal assistance/ Cheating:
- Using any type of shogi engine during the game / any external assistance to gain unfair advantage over your opponent (so called cheating) will result in withdraw from tournament and ban from server.
Pairings and results will be posted on this website under each tournament page in the main menu, with additional pings with direct links on the discord.
If you read all the rules, add your favorite shogi player at the end of your registration message.